Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) to showcase CLEARTM Media ERP for Production on the Cloud and TV Everywhere at NABSHOW 2014
- New content supply chain management tools to support TV Everywhere needs
- Sneak preview of first-of-its-kind ‘CLEAR Production Hub’, a cloud application that fosters automation of studio pipeline
- Unveiling DAX Mobile® for viewing iDailies® on iPhone
- Premiering DAX BOX™ co-developed with PFT – ‘DVR-like device’ to stream HD content at home, office or theatre
South Lower Hall Booth # 9605
March 24, 2014 Los Angeles and Mumbai -Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), the technology subsidiary of Prime Focus, the global leader in media and entertainment industry services, today announced its plans for NABSHOW 2014 in Las Vegas, highlighting how the organization is showcasing its feature enriched CLEARHybrid Cloud-enabled Media ERP platform that virtualizes the content supply chain and helps broadcasters and studios manage not just content, but the business of content. PFT is also showcasing 3 new solutions this year.
Last week PFT signed a definitive agreement to acquire DAX, the creators of the Primetime Emmy® Award winning Digital Dailies®, the de facto industry standard for television production.
“Our continued investment in the product has rapidly increased the adoption of CLEAR Media ERP platform,” said Ramki Sankaranarayanan, Founder and CEO, Prime Focus Technologies. “We are showcasing path-breaking solutions for Production on the Cloud and TV Everywhere needs. The Production Hub, a first-of-its-kind cloud application for the industry,leverages the power of CLEAR and best-in-class media tools to automate the Production pipeline. The unified approach to TV Everywhere needs have seen CLEAR manage over 350,000 hours and we are showcasing the latest content supply chain management tools this year”.
“Leveraging PFT’s CLEAR Media ERP platform, our vision is to go beyond Digital Dailies®,and virtualize the content production supply chain offering end-to-end production workflow, a camera to archive solution, said Patrick Macdonald-King, President of Prime Focus Technologies North America. “At the NABSHOW we will be launching DAX Mobile for viewing iDailies on iPhone, and DAX BOX, our new set top box that allows users to stream 1080p frame accurate content on their big screen. DAX Box is our first collaboration effort with PFT”.
PFT’s NAB 2014 showcase:
MAM, BPM &Media Tools
- Concurrent Reviews with Chat Window
- Enhanced BPM engine with 30 workflow primitives
- Enhanced Publish engine extended up to 400 robots
- Enhanced Essence Management with audio track level control
- Bulk Ingest tools
- Cloud Metadata Editor
- Cloud Visual QC tool
- Enhanced Media Player with support for multi-track audio, multi-language sub-title & audio
- Review comments integration within Edit timeline
CLEAR Channel Operations
PFT has added some cool new features to its most successful Media ERP solution for Broadcast.
- Rating dashboard
- Make list, for Promo Workflow support
- Break Structure Management
Next Generation Digital Dailies®
- Clip-based workflows
- Virtual Reel
- LAUNCHING DAX Mobile for iPhone (iDailies® service for iPhone app available for TV and Feature content producers)
- LAUNCHING DAX Box (“DVR” like device; remote control navigation; multi-user access; stream 1080p content at home, office or screening room)
CLEAR Production Hub (a first of its kind for our industry)
PFT is offering an exclusive preview of its path-breaking studio pipeline application leveraging the power of its CLEAR Media ERP technology platform and best-in-class media tools.
- Ingest Camera Files from Set into Cloud
- Metadata Extraction, Tagging, and transformation into a number of deliverables
- Distribute working media directly and simultaneously to production stakeholders like VFX, Editorial, Publicity and Archive
- Review, Approve, Share and Collaborate between all key team members – creative, producers, studio/programming execs
- Complete control over users, number of views, duration of access (expiring one time sharing also), audit trails and access rights while maintaining a constant relationship with raw footage
- Experience enterprise class workflow management with common work-in-progress repository (raw, mezzanine, web-proxy)
Exciting new features for marketing TV and Feature content.
- Sizzle Reel/Storyboard
- Vendor and Compliance Submission
- Concurrent Reviews with Chat Windows
- Custom secure asset publish for review
The biggest broadcasters and studios run their revenue critical, time sensitive media operations on PFT solutions (CLEAR and Digital Dailies®). CLEAR hosts and manages more than 350,000 hours of content and manages 200 new TV shows daily. DAX and Digital Dailies® have more than 28,000 registered users.
Cloud Media Services
PFT solutions are bundled with downstream Cloud Media Services. Cloud Infrastructure Services (Archiving, Transcoding, Auto QC, Packaging & Delivery), Content Preparation Services (Bulk Digitization, Spot & Full QC, Mastering Services, Compliance Editing, Up/Down & Standards Conversion), Content Localization Services (Subtitling, Closed Captioning, Dubbing), TV Anywhere Digital Services (VoD Packaging & Delivery), Metadata Services (New Metadata Creation and Enrichment of existing metadata; Genre-speci?c Cataloguing, Multi-Layered Cataloguing; Data Model Consulting), Post Production Services (Grading, Sound, Graphics and Editorial Services), Digital Production Services (Live Streaming and Packaging) and Content Monetization Services (Contextual Advertising, Monitoring, SEO & Analytics) offer media and entertainment enterprises greater value and empowerment.
PANEL DISCUSSIONS WE ARE PART OF
Produced in partnership with the Entertainment Technology Center at the University of Southern California (ETC@USC)
Content Creation in the Cloud
Prime Focus Technologies’ President for North America, Patrick Macdonald-King has been invited to speak at the panel along with other key technologists and creatives, that will provide a senior management overview of how cloud-based solutions positively impact each stage of the content distribution chain, including production, delivery, and storage on Tuesday, April 8 from 1300-1400 hrs.
What Does Next Generation Workflow Look Like?
Prime Focus Technologies’ CTO for North America, Chris Chen has been invited to speak at the panel on tracking media assets through a media asset ID based upon an inherently-calculable mathematical hash of the asset. Chris is also a principal architect of String, the production media asset identification registry based upon a file hash for the USC Entertainment Technology Center’s OpenStack Production in the Cloud project. Tuesday, April 8 from 1410-1510 hrs.
Stay tuned for major announcements around client wins.
Prime Focus Technologies will be located at South Lower Hall, Booth # 9605
Media attendees are invited to reach the media contacts below to book slots and meet PFT representatives for more details and insights on how CLEAR Media ERP is transforming the way the business of content is being managed.
About Prime Focus Technologies
Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) is the technology subsidiary of Prime Focus, the global leader in media and entertainment industry services. PFT brings together a unique blend of Media and IT skills backed by a deep understanding of the global media and entertainment industry.
CLEAR™, our award-winning Hybrid Cloud technology-enabled Media ERP platform and cloud media services help broadcasters, studios, brands, sports and digital businesses drive creative enablement, enhance ecosystem efficiencies & sustainability, reduce cost and realize new monetization opportunities.
PFT works with major content owners like Bloomberg, Disney, Warner Bros., News Corporation-owned STAR TV, ZEE TV, EROS International, SONY Music, Viacom 18, SONY MSM, BCCI (Board of
Control for Cricket in India), IPL (Indian Premiere League), Hindustan Unilever Limited, The Associated Press, A & E TV Network and Schawk!
Prime Focus’ worldwide network of studios and WorldSourcing® model supported by a Global Digital Pipeline allows PFT to offer customers transformational solutions that help them virtualize business processes around content and manage the business of content better.
In March 2014, PFT signed a definitive agreement to acquire DAX, the creators of the Primetime® Emmy Award winning Digital Dailies®
Prime Focus is listed on the NSE and BSE in India.
For more information visit: www.primefocustechnologies.com
Media Relations for Prime Focus Technologies NA:
MediaTek Consulting for Prime Focus Technologies NA
+1 (323) 997 2853
Head, Marketing and Communications
+1 (323) 682 1296